Locator based on AIS technologies
This device enable boaters and fishermen to relocate gear/ buoys/ equipment. Especially in bad weather it can be difficult to find any equipment left at sea.
Creating waypoints on chart plotters is not sufficient because it’s only a “one time” information. A more precisely information is necessary.
How it works
- The “easy POS’N’Hook AIS locator will show the exact position even when waves and currents changed the position of the marked equipment.
- The system works on a 72 channel receiver, reporting the updated position all 3 minutes (other intervals are possible by changes in the software).
- Reporting the position, POS’N’Hook is realized via VHF –similar to AIS… but on special customized frequencies.
- Individual information like the number of a buoy or name can be programmed.
- When the vessel is in transmitting range of the transmitting POS’N’Hook device, the real time position will be showed at the AIS receiver on the bridge.
- All datas, and settings of the device can be checked by the TEST button before starting.
- Using that system only the located gear/ buoys belonging to that vessel will show up.
- To run that System:
- For each gear / buoy a POS’N’Hook devise
- The charging station with intelligent charging management to guaranty longest lifespan of batteries
- An AIS receiver from Weatherdock easyRX25 for customized VHF frequencies
- VHF transmitter portable
- Lithium ION batteries rechargeable
- battery capacity minimum 120 hours
- Range of transmission approx. 10 nm (depends on height of receiving antenna)
- Made in Germany
- Intelligent Charger
- Programming station
- Portable customized INFO BOX with terminal and customized receiver
- Software for PC / Data display
- Special mounting socket
- 2 W transmission power
- Frequency range from 155.5 -162.25 Mhz, 25 kHz channel spacing
- Operating temperature – 20°C - + 55°C
- Storage temperature -30°C - + 60°C
- Dimensions: 130 x 70 x 30 mm
- Weight 250 g
- Internal part number # A210